CA SANTA BARBARA COUNTY, CA | Temporary
1. Plan and coordinate the enforcement of laws and codes.governing the construction of the new buildings or altering existing structures.
2. Enforce housing codes and ordinances in existing buildings.
3. Supervise the review of building plans for conformance with the code provisions.
4. Advise builders and homeowners on minimum standards of construction and materials.
5. Perform difficult inspections and assists staff in resolving technical questions relating to various code requirements.
6. Establish system to ensure consistency within the department.
7. Perform the more difficult plan checks; perform energy plan checks.
8. Confer with architects, contractors and others concerning building code provisions and construction methods.
9. Resolve disputes between the City and contractors.
10. prepare.complex reports, letters and newsletter.11. Make presentations to.commissions and other groups; explain division policies to the public, developers and builders.
12. Prepare and administer the division budget
13. Develop and implement division goals, objectives, policies and priorities.
Experience: Five years of experience in building inspection, standards development and planchecking.
Education: Completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by college course in building inspection. License or Certificate: Possession of an ICC certificate is desirable but not mandatory. Possession of a valid California State Driver's License.